The Warehouse Cafe is located on the Ground Floor of ANKEN Green. Featuring an outdoor terrace and a friendly relaxed atmosphere, the cafe serves up healthy, affordable sandwiches, salads, pastas, pizzas and soups for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
ANKEN began urban farming as an experimental way to recycle waste from the Warehouse Cafe. Food scraps and coffee grounds are fed to our worm farm. The worms turn the waste into organic fertilizer which in turn nourishes our rooftop vegetables and herbs.
Some of the produce goes back to the cafe and some is shared among our staff. Currently the rooftop grows: tomatoes, mint, basil, rocket, eggplant, green peppers, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers and long beans.
Best Alfreso Cafes List 2011, Time Out Shanghai
- Affordable and freshly made sandwiches, salads, pastas, pizzas and soups
- Seasonal rotation of daily specials
- Private outdoor terrace area
- Rooftop event space
- Event catering available
- Organic herbs and vegetables from the rooftop urban farm
- Waste Composting
- Opening hours Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat - Sun 9am - 6pm
668 Huai An Rd, Jing An District, Shanghai